This morning, documents obtained by Judicial Watch showed just how much money Rep. Nancy Pelosi has spent on previous trips abroad, very similar to the one canceled by the White House last week. The documents are a result of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the U.S. Air Force to reveal then-House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi’s costs on her congressional delegation (CODEL) to Italy and Ukraine in 2015.
This trip included:
- Travel to the Vatican
- Meetings with the World Food Programme
- Transport to Assisi
- A working lunch with the Mayor of Assisi
- Meeting with World’s Fair Expo participants
- NGO meetings
- Flights from Milan to Naples
- Flights to Kyiv in the Ukraine
- Meeting with President Petro Poroshenko
- Lunch with the Speaker of Parliament
- Meeting Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- Meeting with Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin
- …and much more.
Every single item listed included not only representatives or diplomats, but they also included the spouses of both Representatives Pelosi and DeLauro.
So how much did all of this cost you, the taxpayer? The answer is $134,587.81 plus an additional $50,000 for an “escort officer” bringing the total to $184,587.81 — wow!
Judicial Watch President, Tom Fitton had this to say:
“Speaker Pelosi has a demonstrated record of abusing the perks of office that give her access to military luxury travel paid for by taxpayers.”
In the past judicial watch previously demonstrated that Nancy Pelosi’s military travel bills total a whopping $2,100,744.59 over just one two-year period and from that total $101,429.14 was for in-flight expenses such as food and alcohol.